Wednesday, September 22, 2004

The Other Catholic Issues

Kerry Catholics are not going to like this piece from James K. Fitzpatrick. I do not see how Kerry Catholics can continue with their assertion that all issues are equal. Is it that thier ignorance is invinsible or is that they push this idea so as to convince others to support pro-abort candidates like Senator Kerry. I do not know the answer. I do know that I have tried to inform my conscience and that it is telling me I cannot, cannot vote for Senator Kerry.

Well, I no longer have to defend my position on my own. Joseph Cardinal Ratzinger, Prefect of the Vatican’s Congregation of the Doctrine of the Faith, has come to the rescue. A letter that Ratzinger wrote in June to the US Conference of Catholic Bishops has recently been made public. The letter makes clear the difference between the way a Catholic must respond to the pope’s pronouncements on abortion and the way we must respond to his positions on issues such as capital punishment and the war in Iraq.

Here is the key: On the question of abortion, there is no possible way for a Catholic politician to say that he is following the teachings of the Church, while at the same time defending legal abortion. If you admit that you are committed to keeping abortion legal, you are saying that you intend to do nothing to stop the killing of millions of unborn children.


How can Kerry Catholics respond to that?

2 Comments:

Blogger Ono said...

Our response?

http://catholicsforkerry.blogspot.com/2004/09/catholics-for-bush-says-wednesday.html

5:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahahah that is so funny, because Catholics for Kerry bans ANYONE from posting that disagrees with them more than .. ohh 1 time, if that.

12:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home