Wednesday, October 27, 2004

The President in PA Today

'The Democrat Party has also a great tradition of defending the defenseless. I remember the strong conscience of the late Democratic Governor from Pennsylvania, Robert Casey, who once said that when we look to the unborn child, the real issue is not when life begins, but when love begins. I remember the moral clarity of the late Senator Daniel Patrick Moynihan, Democrat of New York, who said that partial birth abortion is 'as close to infanticide as anything I have ever come upon.' Many Democrats look at my opponent and see an attitude that is much more extreme. He says that life begins at conception, but denies that our caring society should prevent even partial-birth abortion.

'Preventing partial-birth abortion is an ethical conviction shared by many people of every faith, and by people who have no religion at all. I understand good people disagree on the life issue. So I've worked with Republicans and Democrats to find common ground on difficult questions and to move this good-hearted nation toward a culture of life. If you're a Democrat who believes that our society must always have room for the voiceless and the vulnerable, I would be honored to have your vote.

'There are Democrats all over America, north and south, east and west, who believe their party's nominee does not share their deepest values. I know the Democrats are not going to agree with me on every issue. Yet on the big issues of our country's security, victory in the war against terror, improving our public schools, respecting marriage and human life, I hope people who usually vote for the other party will take a close look at my agenda. If you're a Democrat, and your dreams and goals are not found in the far left wing of the Democrat Party, I'd be honored to have your vote. And next Tuesday, I ask you stand with me.'

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

>>"the real issue is not when life begins, but when love begins."

When does love begin when embryos are thrown away every day in fertility clinics? When does love begin when contraceptives are used by women in the millions to chemically abort their embryos? When is the love in these two instances that this website fails to ever address? But then we have the good ole' standby of physician-assisted abortions to cover ALL the gaps, right? We must definitely cherry pick our causes, for if we truely cared about preserving life, we cannot bother with ALL embryos, but only those we care about. The rest of the embryos don't matter much.

5:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home