Friday, September 10, 2004

Kerry cites scripture again

It is evident that President Bush's faith envelopes many aspects of his life. He speaks openly and often about his faith and beliefs. I could be wrong, but I have never heard of President Bush using scripture to denounce and criticize his opponent. Senator Kerry has done it recently at the National Baptist Convention, using the story of the Good Samaritan. He also cited scripture this past March at a Baptist church in St Louis to criticize the president using the discussion in James chapter 2 on faith with deeds.

This use of scripture in front of only specific audiences and only to bash President Bush shows how this empty faith is only used when politically convenient. When it is pointed out how his faith should inform his views and that he should produce public deeds worthy of the moral teachings of their Church, he ignores Rome, actually rebuking the Holy Father.

I would not expect the president to use scripture like this. Some Catholic bishops have tried to remind the senator of Catholic teachings and we hope and pray more will do the same. For the sake of Senator Kerry's soul and the souls which his scandal is dragging with him they should not wait too much longer.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I started reading your blog, got to the first link and clicked on it. After reading Kerry's spin on the Good Samaritan, I knew I had to include it in my blog. So I highlighted what I wanted to quote and then went to my blog and wrote my response. I came back and finished reading what you wrote and we are in agreement. This man has no shame and no understanding of scripture. I am catholic with a lower case c (Lutheran) but our common beliefs unite us. Note how it is the poor peoples churches were he panders for votes.

8:02 PM  
Blogger Pat in NC said...

The comment is mine. I did not notice it was in the anonymous mode.

8:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home