Wednesday, November 03, 2004

More on the Catholic Vote

This is from the "exit polls" so take it with a grain...no lump of salt.

Nationally, Catholics made up 27% of the electorate. The president won 51% up 4 points from 2000.

In the Midwest, they made up 29% of the electorare. The president tied Senator Kerry with 49%, up 2 points.

In the East, they made up 41% of the electorate. The president won 52% up 5 points.

In the South, they made up 18% of the electorate. The president won 67% up 20 points.

In the West, they made up 23% of the electorate. The president won 35% down 12 points.

In O-HI-O, they made up 26% of the electorate. The president won 55% up 5 points.

Again, the exit polls have been shown to be very unreliable, so determining if these are accurate numbers will be difficult if not impossible. I believe President Bush won the majority of Catholic voters nationwide and I believe they likely made the difference in Ohio.

Though Kerry Catholics may think this not reliable data or are distressed that it is, it is a sign of the strength of serious Catholics in the political process. What Kerry Catholics do now is up to them. I will continue to pray for them and hope they will see President Bush as an ally in the fight against the culture of death.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is good news. I think that the numbers distinguishing between those Catholics that know what the inside a church looks like and those who don't is even for encouraging. We are witnessing a sea change in the Catholic vote.

6:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been a Catholic all my life. I will never step foot in a Catholic or Christian church again as long as this country supports a neo-Con who has CONNED this American public into believing that he supports moral or Christian values. Wake up, people, and study your history. Remember Stalin? Remember Maccarthyism? I, for one, will add a bumper sticker to my car that says, "Who would Jesus bomb?" or perhaps one of my own: "Have you signed a loyalty oath today?" When the Republicans get back to small government -- and not government that supports hate legislation -- I'll consider returning to Christianity. For now, I'll remember Gandhi who said, "I might bave become a Christian if I hadn't met so many." You better hide . . . because you can't run from G.W. Bush again for another four years.

12:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would love to hear where your facts are that support your theory of our President being a neocon... etc. I would also suggest that you consider opening your horizons to other types of materials other than moveon.org or Michael Moore, CBS, NBC and/or ABC. THere is a world out there that can assist you in being realistic. My wish is that you wuld STOP helping the terrorists by demonizing our country in this way, unless you are not an American and this was your goal to begin with. The Catholic Doctrine has not changed, it has always been there. Unfortunately, you didn't want to believe in it. I will pray for you.

3:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home